Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Is your 'question/statement' about me?


Getting into the mechanics of relationships ...

When we talk to each other, we often stop listening when self-defense mechanisms get involved. "Is this about me?" is a freezing question that stops our ability to communicate with each other on a foundational level. It is often never voiced, just felt.

Our past training ... generational curses, some people call it ... gets in the way of listening. It inhibits our continued growth to share and be intimate with the people we love. Self-defense attitudes become engaged, and we rely on what we know best. After all, that is why most of us do what we do ... our training.

Hearing the squeals of reality, enhanced by the whine of the actual motor and engine working versus what we think is going to be said ... the summations of our mind's estimation and expectation ... they engage thoughts that demands an answer from our training. It's an answer few of us are willing to follow through to the convictions demanded ... yet, we talk and fight the good fight. I know I do/did.

The growth of maturity and wisdom comes from our experiences. Our training is our strength and weakness ... I just hope I stay out of my way so the beauty that I have in me can come out to be shared. I hope the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment