Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting married

I am about to get married for the second, and last, time.

My first marriage was 23 years; I screwed up, letting my ex and myself drift apart. I was so concerned about being successful, making the life I believed we all wanted. It turns out, I was wrong. I wandered away because we chose to follow life with different views, with different options. She is a wonderful person ... I wasn't the man she desired me to be. My two children suffered for the mistake; they don't talk to me anymore. That deeply sorrows my spirit, yet I have hope we will reconcile. It's their choice, and I leave it in God's hands.


My fiance and I have big differences. We come from different backgrounds, with two very different upbringings. Ahhh, storge and eros (Greek for affection and physical attraction/love). I am banking on these two elements to stabilize our relationship, with our belief in the Messiah being our foundation. Our affection and devotion to each other has proven to overcome the tumltuous actions our differences have spawned. I never dreamt I would get into the situations that I have endured ... going through the losses I have encountered ... and then move forward feeling I am finding my faith and confident that we will serve Father faithfully, we will trust in Jesus wholeheartedly and be filled with the Holy Spirit constantly.
A messianic rabbi is going to marry us. This is a wonderous gift from our heavenly Father!!! I know that Diana and I have been working at growing in our faith, in letting our differences not dictate our actions ... having a rabbi who knows the Messiah marry us is a sign that we are walking more and more in faith, that we will overcome the pain and anguish we both have lived through. We have a lot of work to do, and we will explode with love and power as we allow the power of our Creator to heal and renew us!

No comments:

Post a Comment